Tuesday 23 August 2011

Plodding along

It's been two weeks since my attempt at a short recovery run (that revealed my leg is not better). I actually thought yesterday that I might test the waters again. That idea died as soon as I was having a mess around outside with the kids and the ball. I could feel pain in the same spot after just a little bit of running about :-(

I've kept going with the bike and my quads are really feeling it. On Sunday I managed to do the 7.8km route both to my parents house and back from it. That's a new "day distance" best for me. I'm going to look to up my midweek bike rides to the 7/8 k mark now and over the next couple of weeks try an even longer route to my parents house.

I've done the odd bit with kettlebells, weights and stretching but have no motivation in doing so and never feel like I've had a good workout. I just give up after one set of each exercise. Need to improve there!

No comments:

Post a Comment