Thursday 10 March 2011

C25k Week 3 Day 2 - Completed, but defeated

I feel like a man who won the battle and lost the war. I got round and completed the run but with increasing pain and so I have reached the inevitable point where I cannot go on running with my legs in this condition. I've tried to take every precaution, but perhaps the damage was done on my "pre c25k" short jogs I did in my trainers.

I've seen great gains in fitness and have found Week 3 easy going on my cardio. I am deeply upset that I will (at best) face a lengthy period on the sidelines and then go back to zero point again. Perhaps I will never be able to become a runner.

My plan now is to rest my legs as much as possible and see how they fair in the next couple of weeks. I have to try to find some way of keeping my cardio going. Having spent £140 on running shoes, I can't afford a bike or a gym membership, nor can I afford or have time to swim 3 times a week (besides which I hate swimming). I have free weights at home so maybe I can find a cardio routine that works with them - it's just that weights are SO BORING!!

I passed 4 runners on my way in to work this morning and it put a lump in my throat for sure.

I've got stats from yesterday, but I just can't be bothered to put them up as at the end of the day I feel like a complete failure now.

I'll try to keep posting if anything for getting out my thoughts on how I progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment