Saturday 12 February 2011

C25k Week 1 Day 2

Hard to say if it went better today or not. I got a repeat performance with the lower outer calf/shin (shin splints?) and also painful feet today. The GPS screwed up. The first half of the route shows loads of zigzags and thus my route came out at over 4k!

Now the good part was that I only skipped one of the runs altogether and was short of one other. At the end, I extended the 60 second run to about 90 seconds which felt like a victory right at the end.

More ice on the calves. Strength training with weights tomorrow night and the next run on Monday night. After that I will assess whether to do a fourth day of week 1 or progress to week two. Having not fully completed the running portions of any one run yet, I will probably do the former.

I'll do some heel and toe lifts as well as calf raises to see if that helps.

2.33 km @8:55/km

My vitals are:
178.8lbs (-1.2lbs), Body Fat 25.0% (-0.7%), BMI: 25.7 (Overweight -0.1).

No comments:

Post a Comment