Monday 21 February 2011

C25k Week 1 Day 4

Legs again not good. Constant pain with the calves and shins, no let up at all. However, the run DID feel better today. I was definitely quicker around the route today (although my GPS screwed up again). What I noticed more than anything was that my walking pace between the runs was much more nearer the "Brisk Walking Pace" that podcast lady demanded of me.

I had no doubts that I would complete the run at any point which was great and I feel genuinely motivated by this. I still have a long, long way to go. Part of the run involved me running the full 60 seconds up from the bottom of Webb Rise and I had to give myself a good talking to to manage that one. Good job there was no-one around.

I was running along the cycle track (which is next to the pedestrian path) and I saw flashing lights coming in the opposite direction. Thinking it was a bike, I moved over onto the path only to find out that it was a woman jogger with two dogs. Each dog had a flashing red collar!

I'm going to save up for a dedicated GPS/HRM watch (Looking at the Garmin Forerunner 305) to stop all this nonsense with the iPod switching off / Pausing / Crap GPS tracking.

At this point if the next run progresses well on Wednesday, I might look to take on Week 2 on Saturday (Yikes!!)

My stats

2.53 km @7:54/km

My Vitals
177.0lbs (+1lbs), Body Fat 26.9% +1.3%), BMI: 25.5 (Overweight 0).

No comments:

Post a Comment