Wednesday 16 February 2011

Staying Positive

I did go out for a little jog with my new Nike's yesterday to test the water. In hindsight, it proved nothing. Yes there was a return of the shin and calf pain fairly instantly, but hardly surprising since it was painful even beforehand.

I am trying to stay motivated. My hope is that this shin splint business is do to poorly developed legs because I can cure that with some hard work in stretching and strengthening. I really don't want to stop "Getting out there" and I am going to try a bit of a walk today. I'm thinking of taking a walk around my new route that I failed so badly at running just a couple of days ago. If the shins start hurting then I'll walk back and admit that I am going to have to stay off of my feet for a while longer. If the walking is Ok then I might be able to gradually work up.

Also my back pain is still there as well as much soreness in the right bicep. My body is SOOO weak it's ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment