Tuesday 15 February 2011

Last throw of the dice

I went to a running shop for a gait test but my lack of experience (non) of using a treadmill was an obstacle to getting a good video capture. From what the guy saw and from how he observed me running down the street, his belief was that I overpronate. This is contradictory to the Wet Test that I performed, but I am willing to give it a go. I got a pair of Nike Zoom Structure Triax+.

I'm frustrated that I need to lay off of the running for God knows how long whilst I heal up. He seemed surprised by the amount of pain I had found myself in for a very short period of time which worries me that there might be an underlying problem somewhere in there.

Having now spent a total of £160 on running shoes and gear, this would be a shocking waste of money if it turns out that Running is not going to work. I could have bought a bloody bike for that!! I am sick and frustrated at having to rest it. I want to go out and run NOW, not in two day or a week or 2 weeks, that is just intolerable for me.

For now it is back to stretching and ice **FFS!**.

I WILL RUN DAMN YOU BODY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment