Thursday 9 June 2011

C25k Week 7 Day 2



I seem to have been suffering for what seems like weeks with sore throat, sniffles etc and it is really beginning to drag me down. I've decided today to start taking some multivitamins/multiminerals as well as some cod liver oil (I have very "clicky" joints".
I'm hoping that these will help me out somewhat in this regard.
As for the runs... Well like I say I've not been feeling too good but decided last week to try out a new and ambitious route because my current route is getting to the point where it's not going to be long enough for much longer. The new route is over 5k long which meant a long walk home when I packed up half way round. Several things were wrong with this run. Firstly, I went too fast - particularly when a better runner breezed past me @1k. Although I didn't know it at the time, my stats clearly show that I sped up. It killed me. With the cold and all that (bad enough that I was off work the previous day), my heart couldn't cope. I did a bit of recovery walk and ran a bit more, but I was sunk. As it was, I wasn't aiming for any particular target.

I completed W7D2 a couple of days ago with another 25 minute run. It WAS very tough and I had no thoughts whatsoever of carrying on for a PR distance or time, in fact I was most glad when it was over :) The run overall felt pretty slow, but the stats show otherwise at 6:47/km!

I'm going to try and get back to the weights and food tracking as I've slipped in this regard and my weight/fat loss has hovered flatly because of it.

Onwards and upwards.

My Stats:
3.59 km @7:08/km
3.72 km @6:47/km

My Vitals:
165.3lbs, Body Fat 21.5, BMI: 23.7

No comments:

Post a Comment